x1900gt vs 7900gt

best for unfer 300 dollors (usa dollors)

• x1900gt

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • geforce7900gt

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • other (in same price range)

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused: You really want to spend that much pre-directx10? I went for the 7900gt cause of this review here, but personally I'd even stick with your 9600 for another few months. At the end of the day though, it's your money...
Edit:btw your specs and your sig. contradict, graphics card-wise, and if the sig. is right, :eek: you want to upgrade!!! You must be a seriously rich hard core gamer...

yea i wanna upgrade from the x800gt, tis swhowings its age in some newer games, the resion i wanna get a bettter card is because im hearing that derreect x 10 isnt comming out for almost 8-10 months and there is no set relace date for it, any cheeper alterntives you can thnik of?

edit: the 1800xt is only 229 after rebate as is the 7900gt so its more between them 3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102008

Just my opinion.

I would upgrade your cpu or get a bigger hard drive before I'd upgrade your x1800xt. Dunno when directx10 is coming out, but you have a good card there and imo it's just not worth upgrading it now. And the 7900gt is better.

You might want to check out the EVGA and Nvidia forums before deciding on a 7900 GT or GTX.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=25
http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=32

A lot of us that bought these cards are having alot of problems with them. I've purchased two 7900 GTs and both of them started failing within two days.

Today I'm getting an X1900XT. I'm probably going to get a Crossfire board too since my A8N32-SLI Deluxe board is still new enough to return.

If the 7900 GTs actually worked, it would obviously have been my choice, mostly because I'm more confident in SLI than Crossfire, and it seems the games I play are more geared towards Nvidia. I keep hearing new cards are coming that have these problems fixed, but I'm getting impatient waiting.

thne i guss ishould pick up eather an x1800xt or x1900gt or take a risk and go with a 7900gt
whitch is better

16 pipes on the x1800 or 12 pipes on the x1900

If you have the money to do this, I would go with the Radeon X1900... I have heard of many problems with NVIDIA's 7900 series.

If you want cheap, a good 7600GS or X1600 would do it for you. But If you don't mind about the $$$$$, then go for the ASUS 7900GT Signiture Series, it is really really really close to 7900GTX in terms of Core Clock and pixel pipelines. My friend has that card, and it runs everything maxed out, with a high resolution, buttery smooth.

so wat do you guys think

are there still to many problems with the 7900gt or is the 1800xt the one to go for

kk thanks for the reply

but now im thinkig if i should even get a new card or stay with my x800gt

when is dx 10 going to come out next year? if thats the case i shoiuld wiat for dx 10 cards if its longer like Q3 2007 then i guss i should get a card now

or should i get a new 19" monitor widescreen insted

dissions dissions

Now thats the question. I am in a similar dilemma. We dont know if these cards will be supported. Plus for a good DX10 card to come out will take some time. For the time being go for 6800GT and then go for a DX10 card when they come out.

swker98 said:
kk thanks for the reply

but now im thinkig if i should even get a new card or stay with my x800gt

when is dx 10 going to come out next year? if thats the case i shoiuld wiat for dx 10 cards if its longer like Q3 2007 then i guss i should get a card now

or should i get a new 19" monitor widescreen insted

dissions dissions

ATi is saying September. Not sure about G80.

The 7900GT is defective!

There is adequate evidence to say the 7900gt has a serious design flaw. Evidently a voltage regulator will exceeded it's rated operating temperature, thus the pre-overclocked models have a 10% failure rate. I suspect even the non-overclocked models will fail over time.

My advice is to stay away for the 7900gt. The 7600gt or 7900gtx are fine. I bought my Asus x1900XT for $354.99 on a newegg deal! Came with a bunch of games too! WOOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back