X1950xt 256mb won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been having problems booting up pc and they otherday it would not boot at all no video. Pulled case apart and found the ultra 500ps fan not working and 2 little LED lights on the video card where lit up. 1 light says ext-pwr =externel power and other say t-fault = ??
I did manage to get video to work buy switching the pci-e power cord so then shut it back off and waited for new ultra 650 ps to come in from ultra warrenty, it now has arrived ,i installed but still will not power up video card and there for will not start up pc and both those little lights are on the video card still too.
So can anyone tell me what that t-fault is?
and what do you think ? video card now fried do to power supply over heating and blowing out but the dam thing is supose to have over heat protection and shut it off but that didn't work.
thanks for any help you can give

I would try looking at some card-specific LED codes on AMD or ATI's website, I am not real sure what each means. Depending on the manufacturer, the information might be in the manual but no promises. None of the LEDs should be lit while the computer is running, only during the card's self-test when you first turn the computer on. The external power LED just means that the connection is at fault, so make sure the dongle is fastened properly, and I'm guessing the "t-fault" means the card's self-test failed for some reason, perhaps due to the external power connection. Make sure the card is sitting in the slot correctly and try another 6-pin PCI-E connector from the PSU.

Well i got it working again turns out i messed up plugging things back in with the new psu. My Hitachi hd has both power plug the sata and reg 4 prong dongle and i had both of them plugged in, and it seem not to like that.lol so it seems to work good now all trouble lights are off.
Thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back