X4 965 CPU stuck at 100MHz

cashblingbling

I've been having this problem for the past week.
In CPU-Z the core speed , bus speed , HT link are ALL on very low settings. PC feels very sluggish
I've resetted the BIOS , disabled AMD C&Q , I dont know what to do anymore.

I've tried stressing the CPU but the max core speed I seen was 300-350 mhz on core speed from CPU-Z stressing with prime 95.

Thinking about RMA'ing this MOBO
Any ideas ?
Screenshot below from Cpu-z CPU tab & Memory tab

desktop-1.jpg

memorypic.jpg

my specs:
MSI 790xt-g45
4 gb ddr2 g. skill 1066
msi 7870 gpu
500 gb hdd

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 2
I would say, that with the images you've provided, looking at both the CPU and the RAM, that you kind of have yourself a "dual problem"! I personally think you've got problems and issues with the motherboard itself. Low MHz on the CPU and ultra low levels with the RAM, I'd say you've got yourself an either dying or at best an "on it's way out" motherboard. I'd recommend you get yourself another motherboard, if the one you have is still under any type of factory protection plan or in store plan, exchange it and see if the new motherboard helps clear your problems.

I would first try an older version of Cpu z . I used the same version (1.61.2) and it showed similar results. Using version (1.60.1) it showed correct clocks for me.
cpuz161.2.jpg

cpuz160.1.jpg

What the heck? One version of the same program tells you that you've got problems, and another version tells that you that everything is just fine and dandy? Personally speaking, which one of these versions do you trust? Maybe to be on the safe side, maybe you should search for another system monitoring tool or program, and see what that new program tells you. If the new program or tool tells you anything close to what CPU-Z version 1.61.2 has said, then yeah, you've got problems! But if that same new tool or program tells you things more in line with CPU-Z version 1.60.1 then you should disregard what version 1.61.2 told you and throw those results away. Depending on what version of Windows you have, Vista and Windows 7 have good basic system monitoring tools built into the Operating System, they almost can tell you the same thing like what CPU-Z can.

Can confirm I have the same processor and experience the same wrong readings with cpuid ver 1.61.2.

Version 1.60.1 works fine.

Must be a bug.

Back