X58 vs 775 - gaming?

Jessy12

I was just wondering of someone could give me some tips on which would be better for "GAMING".

A high end 775 motherboard with a high end core 2 duo cpu,

or an x58 mobo with the cheapest i7 cpu??

thanks.
g.php

Neither for gaming. My advise, you want a good GPU and an i5 2500k so you can overclock. Since I don't know your budget this is just a recommendation.

I was just wondering of someone could give me some tips on which would be better for "GAMING".

thanks.
g.php

What resolutions will you be playing at? Are you a hardcore gamer or just do it every once in a while?

What kind of budget do you have?

Do you currently have any parts to this build?

Neither for gaming. My advise, you want a good GPU and an i5 2500k so you can overclock. Since I don't know your budget this is just a recommendation.
I agree with Buckshot but from a little different perspective. You would be throwing your money away on old tech. I'm not one to push for over-clocking abilities but from a gamers perspective you would want to purchase new tech.

My Core2Quad Q6600 coupled with a HD6870 handles the games I play fine at 1920x1080, but I'm not playing games like Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3 either. It'll play Metro 2033 at 1920x1080 at medium detail okay though, as own that game myself. The same goes for Crysis too.

I agree with others though, set a budget and get the current tech. It is counterproductive to build a new system using old generation computer tech, especially for intensive tasks like gaming.

If you are building a new rig go SB and 2500k

If these are used parts and you don't have the money to build new the x58 will be better.

Hello i am jayden.I just wanna show a Motherboard to you and i am sure that you have your answer and its configuration is Intel DX79TO, ATX, LGA2011, X79, 8x DDR3, 2x PCIe x16 Gen 2, CrossFire, SLI, HD AUDIO, USB3.0, SATA2 , SATA3, RAID, Gb LAN, BLKDX79TO. I bought it from penta.com.au. I think you should try it.....
Wow, that's special.!

I probably couldn't think of a better system than that, even if I searched all the parts stores on the web.

I agree, the OP should have one of these...!! You should cut him a check for it, since you're trying to make it so patently obvious you have money to burn.. :rolleyes:

thanks.
g.php
LGA775 is a dead end, you shouldn't really consider it for a new PC. Even the early Clarkdale Core i CPUs, beat up on Wolfdale pretty bad on benchmarks.

Just chill, the DX79TO is a $200.00 board. The BLKDX79TO is a bulk pack of ten boards and it costs $2000.00 plus.

Back