x700 Pro Pci-E --- Compatible with 295-w PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have spent a lot of time searching for more information on my question, and have only found specs that mention a "recommended 300w power supply" for the Radeon X700 Pro 256mb PCI-E card. Also, I've spoken with someone who told me that my machine, which has a 295w PSU, would work fine with the x700 300w card. Before spending the cash to upgrade, I'd appreciate further input from anyone who can comment.

It's been tough finding an acceptable card for 3d-gaming on my Sony Vaio RS720G---it has a PCI-E slot, but unfortunately not enough power to support the best PCI-E cards on the market...frustrating but I've definitely become more discriminating...

Thanks,
Chad

video card

How much else is the power supply powering? One hd? 4? Cd drives, floppy, fans, add in cards? If you don't have much in your system it should be ok.

I have a Compaq presario 6370US 2.53 ATI 9600XT 128mb SB Audigy2 ZS 1 case fan CDRW 52x32x52 drive 16x DVD-ROM 120GB HD 2x512 2100 Centon sticks generic floppy FIC 31L mobo MX510 mouse X-530 speakers and a whopping 200 watt stock power supply unit! I know it's a low end system but I play Far Cry, HL2 and BFV to name a few at medium to some high settings with no stuttering or audio problems. I'm not stupid enough to say power is no issue but will somebody tell me whats wrong with this picture?
Mahalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back