x800 pro??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandyandy2600

does anyone know of a place where i can buy a x800 Pro?? i was an ***** and didn't pre-order it, and i haven't been able to find it anywhere: online or in stores. if someone does know, i would greatly appreciate you telling me. thanx

Originally posted by dandyandy2600
Is there a difference between like the Hitech x800 and the actual ATI x800??

Well the partners (Sapphire, Powercolor etc) have to conform to ATI's specification for the layout and quality of components etc.. the only difference might be the clock speed slightly and the warranty offered by the manufacturer.

Originally posted by Arris
Well the partners (Sapphire, Powercolor etc) have to conform to ATI's specification for the layout and quality of components etc..

Do you have any info on that ? The first batch of X800 cards were actually ordered by ATI & sold "as is" to other companies, that's why they all looked alike.

After that, companies are given the liberty to use whichever components + layout that they wanted, it's generally the clockspeed for mem/core that's enforced. That's how you can sometimes have cards from companies like Inno3D that look exactly like the reference card but have awfull 2D due to bad quality components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back