TechSpot

x800pro compared to 9600xt

By PaulWuzHere
Nov 11, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am running a 9600xt 128MB and I am wondering how much better would an x800pro 256MB be?
  2. spartanslayer

spartanslayer TS Rookie Posts: 464

Well

Well, first I need to know if you are running on AGP or PCI. A X800 Pro is selling for arround $200 on Newegg.com (which is a great site), and a 9600xt is around $100.

X800:
    Core Clock: 400MHz.
    Memory Clock: 980MHz.
    Memory Size: 256MB.
    Max Resolution: 2048x1536 at 85Hz.
    Memory Type: GDDR3.
    Interface: PCI Express x16.

9600xt:
    Core Clock: 500MHz.
    Memory Clock: 600MHz.
    Memory Size: 128MB.
    Memory Type: DDR.
    Interface: AGP.

In short, the X800 has a much faster memory clock, more memory, a faster interface, and a much faster type of memory. The difference in the core clock doesn't really matter, as there is a different typs of Memory, and a new engine. I would deffinately upgrade if I was you. Hope this helps.
  3. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 3,566

4. kirock

kirock TS Rookie Posts: 1,598

DonNagual, I think you're being too kind to the 9600XT. puke:
  5. PaulWuzHere

PaulWuzHere TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 378

Aw man! thats a BS test you posted. I run FarCry on very high settings at 48 fps! that is so rigged! And this card has served me well... never let me down. runs cool and handles Doom 3 high settings 38 fps average. now thats surprising for a midrange card on its death bed.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.