Xbox 360 Game Installs

Status
Not open for further replies.

tengeta

I'm seeming to miss the purpose of this here, I finally tried it today but it asked for a disk before I started the game off the HDD, so I figured thats how Microsoft covered their bases and made it so you can't just borrow someones game and play it. Fine. Why does it have to stay in the whole time though? I'm having to put my disk to the same risks, and my consoles still just as loud regardless if the disk inside is being used or not.

Then again, this may be why no one got excited about it? Or am I just doing something wrong here?

they covered there *** with it so that people couldn't install a bunch of game on there hd

and then just return them

they loose money that way

the only game that i know of that it works wonders on if fable 2 cuz of the disk issue they had

id say only install a game if it has tech issues

like as before fable 2

and such

other wise i dont really see a reason to have it as u said no one was really pumped up about it lol

Tengeta, if MS allowed you to play installed games without the disc being inside the console no one would be buying their games.
The only real benefit to HDD installing is to reduce noise and increase performance (bar Halo 3)
I have Mass Effect and Fable II installed to my HDD because they are games I play for longer amounts of time and the amount of noise the X360 outputs when reading from a disc can be somewhat unbearable after a while.

Your console shouldn't be as loud without a disc in it compared to when it has one inserted, correct me if I'm wrong but with my Elite it seems the optical drive is what makes majority of the noise and caused my parents to think a plane was landing in our yard.

majority of the noise and caused my parents to think a plane was landing in our yard.

lol nice

but yea actually u do have better performance cuz the game isnt loading constantly

which save on the power consumption

and the overheating and freezing of the console

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back