Xbox 360 Network Connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptim

I set my xbox up in my living room, my modem/router is in my kitchen. I hooked up the network cable to the back of the xbox and ran the cable to my modem, the problem is, the cable runs across the floor between the two (approx. 15') which looks like crap, if I leave it plugged in. It's a pain to plug the cable into the back of the xbox and plug it into the back of the router each time. I'm looking for a network "cable extension" that I can plug into the back of each item.

Does anyone know where I can find one, or offer a better/easier solution.

Thanks

add a wireless access point(AP) to your router.

this would allow a wireless adaptor to be attached to the XBOX for a connection
to the AP.

jobeard said:
add a wireless access point(AP) to your router.

this would allow a wireless adaptor to be attached to the XBOX for a connection
to the AP.

Will any wireless adapter (linksys, netgear, etc) work on the xbox, or will i have to get the Xbox wireless adapter.

you'll have to buy an official XBox wireless adpater which costs around £50.

why not get a longer ethernet cable for a fifth of the price?

majorblenks said:
you'll have to buy an official XBox wireless adpater which costs around £50.

why not get a longer ethernet cable for a fifth of the price?

Thats what I'm using now, see my 1st post, it will explain it.
Thanks,

sorry, by the sounds of it, your cable wasnt long enough.

is it long enough to tack around the edge of the room, or is that not an option?

failing that, you'll have to get an official XBox wireless adpater and adapter for your modem to that itll receive wireless signals. MS hardware costs a bomb but the later should be fairly cheap.

Sorry for the mix up there

an alternative solution would be to move your router to next to the XBox and buy a wireless adapter for the router and wireless card for the PC (if thats what it is connected to) = cheaper

whilst using a wired connection for the XBox

any help?

majorblenks said:
sorry, by the sounds of it, your cable wasnt long enough.

is it long enough to tack around the edge of the room, or is that not an option?

failing that, you'll have to get an official XBox wireless adpater and adapter for your modem to that itll receive wireless signals. MS hardware costs a bomb but the later should be fairly cheap.

Sorry for the mix up there

The room is to big for that.

majorblenks said:
an alternative solution would be to move your router to next to the XBox and buy a wireless adapter for the router and wireless card for the PC (if thats what it is connected to) = cheaper

whilst using a wired connection for the XBox

any help?

Thats a thought, I didn't think of that.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back