Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

InsaneVr6

I am having trouble connecting to my brother on xbox live. We are both connected to Xbox live with no issues, and both the NAT settings are Open. We can play online perfeclty fine but cannot play/connect with one another. He is using a Linksys Wireless router and i am using a Netgear Wireless router (but both are hardwired) Any suggestions or ideas as to why this would be happening? I will provide more info if needed.

No its a router. the full title is Netgear Super G Wireless Router WGT624. Everything works fine as i have internet for my computers and i can play fine on Xbox Live, but for some reason i cannot connect to my brother a room across from me!? He is using a Linksys Wireless Router (not sure of full title at this moment) and he can play on xbox live and use the internet fine aswell with no problems. But for some reason we cannot connect to each other to play. We cant even enter private chat...any help or ideas much appreciated

This is out of control. So heres the update on my situation. I called Xbox Support and explained my situation. After all the crap they brought me through the same process they do everytime to make sure i was on Xbox Live even though i told them i was. Anyway...it came down to the xbox representative giving me the names of 3 ports that i need to open in my Netgear router, but i had to call Netgear to tell me how to do it. Fine. So i called Netgear and after they made me unplug my router just so i can give them my serial number and restart the router, they told me the ports i was given are invalid, and then "click", the bastards couldnt do anything for me. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO. I cannot see any reason why me and my brother, nor any of my friends, cannot connect xboxlive but i can play on xbox live with other people perfectly whenever i want.

I really wanna get this sorted out so anything you can throw out there. Like the correct starting and ending ports for the Xbox would be good so i can try the port foreward thing (even though i shouldnt have to based on my UpnP being "on". ...this is crazy...still any help is appreciated

Probem has been resolved. With no help from Xbox Live or NetGear. Thanks to all who have helped me out. I like these forums so i am now activly helping others with their issues. Thanks alot!

Lol not bad took 20 days but hey not like anyone here is going to get laid off for not helping resolve the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back