TechSpot

Xbox executive Marc Whitten heading to Sonos after 14 years with Microsoft

By Shawn Knight
Mar 18, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft's Chief Product Officer of Xbox, Marc Whitten, will be leaving the company to fill the role of Chief Product Officer for Sonos. The remainder of the Xbox team will remain intact with Whitten's team now reporting directly to Terry...

Read more

2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,389   +329

Am I the only person who is thinking "Who/What is Sonos?" lol never heard of them... the paycheck must be bigger...

3. rub900

rub900 TS Member Posts: 76   +6

Execs are a dime a dozen. Who cares.

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

All's not well at Redmond that much is clear but is Nadella the right person to heal it?... I have my doubts.

5. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke TS Guru Posts: 930   +354

"Two top Microsoft executives reporting directly to new CEO Satya Nadella are leaving the company, Executive vice president of business development Tony Bates will leave immediately, and executive vice president of marketing Tami Reller will leave after a transition period" and now Chief Product Officer of Xbox is leaving MS.
    Am I reading too much into this? Maybe it's normal 'restructuring' since no one directly connected with Win 8 "modern UI' fiasco is leaving

6. mojorisin23

mojorisin23 TS Booster Posts: 124   +23

Then you obviously don't have a great soundsystem in your house. best wifi speaker system ever made.

7. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,389   +329

Never had to have a speaker system in my house lol I am a headphones guy.... Dont even own a TV or TV license...