TechSpot

Xbox Hook Up

By andy06shake
Aug 22, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can anyone help? I have my Xbox 360 hooked up to my BT Home Hub using the wireless recever. I dont play any copied/backed up 360 titles on the Xbox but some off the software installed on my PC is let just say a little bit hooky including my OS. Could this in anyway result in my Xbox 360 Account being banned and my console becoming useless?
  2. Corwin613

Corwin613 TS Enthusiast Posts: 113

Shouldn't as far as I know the only thing they do typically if you hack/mod/cheat with your account is ban your account and/or reset your gamerscore to zero. Of course you can always recreate a new account...

Besides your PC doesn't really have anything directly to do with your Xbox in the long run anyhow
  3. andy06shake

andy06shake TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 326

Thanx Corwin613 i thought as much myself but needed a second opinion as u never can tell with Microsoft.
  4. 04ihegba

04ihegba TS Rookie Posts: 57

Precisely.

Whereas they aren't doing it now, it has been known for them to remotely brick Xboxes that are running modchips by sending them a kill signal through the internet. I wouldn't trust MS enough to say that they wouldn't do that in the future for pirated software.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.