Xbox Kinetic vs. PS3 Move

Dovydas03

There are two new interesting products coming out the Kinetic and The Move and looks like every console will have controllers and "non-controllers" (kinetic) and these two as always will fight hard against each other.

What is your opinion on these two products and who do you think is going to win?

Can't sit down
Can't be in a dark room
Can't be within 6ft
$150

I don't think so, Tim.

I'm in agreement with this. I stopped pretending to have a gun in my hands, be holding a steering wheel etc. etc. when I was about 10 years old. I really prefer a tactile element to my gaming, even if it is with a device that is foreign in terms of realism. And for those who a hard day at work means being on your feet the whole day, do they really want to come home and stand around their living room. I'm pretty sure this would apply to a large percentage of the console gaming demographic.

I feel the Move should win because it takes something that works and just makes it better(HD).

The wii was very popular and still is with a nice lineup of games coming out. I personally don't own a wii but that's because the Move is what im looking forward to.

The game lineup for the ps3 Move was very impressive to me while natal's game lineup was viewed by many as disappointing. However, 360 has a larger fan base "according to sales" so id expect kinect to outsell Move regardless of quality.

Standing in front of a webcam pretending to have something like a sword or gun feels strange, although others may disagree. When im joking around with my brothers I personally find that ill pick something up and pretend its something before i ever just pretend to have something but really have nothing.

At E3 the Move was near perfect in presentation, showing little to no errors or glitches while Kinect showing was a nightmare(hard to watch for me.) I don't mean to bash 360's Kinect, but personally Ps3 Move "so far" is the better of the two, however seeing how xbox 360 owners shell out so much money for HDD drives, 3th, 4th, 5th, 6th replacement consoles, wifi adapters(in the past,) it wouldn't be surprising to see this same group all go out and buy the Kinect.

Winner by sales: Kinect
Winner by quality: Move

Winner by sales: Kinect
Winner by quality: Move

Of course, Microsoft has the upper hand in Marketing. They always release sub-par products and people still end up buying them anyways. I would know, I went through 2 Xbox 360's before I decided to buy a PS2 and 3 instead.

What is your opinion on these two products and who do you think is going to win?

Neither is going to really win imo, I think both companies are counting to much on the casual market with these devices and overestimating there ability to sell them.

But between the two products I find Project Natal...I mean Kinect to have the greatest potential. Unfortunately it still has a long way to go as everything I've seen so far makes it feel more beta-ish then anything else as pointed out by Ramon's list. One thing he forgot to add is the need to dress appropriately. I also find the titles underwhelming with the exception of Dance Central, but of course all these issues can be corrected over time and I hope they do it.

:D That was really grate and educated responses everyone. I know that a lot of x-box fans are hard about their x-box and vote for it even in their times of darkness (like so with Kinetic). I do believe also myself that the Move will be the dominator of this competition, and I doubt any games for XBOX will be worth 150$ to spend just to get the controllers (not including the cost of the actual game), vs having a camera and a controller for only 100$. I say sony wins.

There are two new interesting products coming out the Kinetic and The Move and looks like every console will have controllers and "non-controllers" (kinetic) and these two as always will fight hard against each other.

Right now the Move is the superior product and is much more adaptable to many current games. IF HANDLED CORRECTLY, the Kinect could quickly surpass the Move and the Wii, but it would need to be far more accurate and adaptable (for instance, I should be able to hold a gun-shaped item to use as a gun in MW2). If they stick with it, look for the 2nd or 3rd (most likely 3rd) evolution of the technology to be the one to go for.

Ok, I usually dont share my opinions on the web, but I will risk this time. I am an advertise man from Brazil, studied in McGill University on Canada, but my english is not so good, so I apologize for any future error. I want to get your attentions to something that you all mighty be missing. US market is not the only market for sony and microsoft consoles. That said, I dont know how much market share the xbox have in the us, but I can assure you that outside ps3 leads. Another thing to consider, in many countrys, sadly on mine, piracy takes over. I had a ps one, two and now I have a ps3 and a wii. I bought the ps3 first and because of the move thing I bought a wii to try convince my wife play games - wich I failed. The majority of people I know here in Sao Paulo prefers XBOX 360 because you can buy piracy games wich costs here around $5 dollars while a ps3 game wich cant be piracy because of the Blue-Ray Disc costs around $150 dollars each ( the change is one dollar equals 2 Reais, the brazilian coin). Why am I saying that, because PS3 just launched the console here officialy about 2 months now, while the microsoft is here since the beginning. But PS is present in Brazil since ps one, with piracy games, wich resulted in a large group of player true only to the sony brand. I dont think microsoft havent thinked about that when they released the Xbox and choosed the DVD format( easy to piracy). I can afirm that here, microsoft and sony, will only fight big in the next generation of consoles, when microsoft will have a bunch of followers. That said, I only have one last thing to comment. At the beggining of the 3rd generation consoles war, wii was winning by far ( this is not my guess, it was in a market case I read). Why? because it was new, a dream for the first gamers from Atari, Odyssey and the Tele-Game, wich I am included. After 6 months with my wii I started thinking in put it to sale because the games was not fun enough, the storyteller line was weak in most games, compared to my ps3 games, the move was not enough. Now many wii games become better, but backing to Kinetic x PS3, kinetic will have the advantage of the new, the curiosity of how it works, will it be the first real step to a holodeck? But the answer to that will be given by the game titles. If the games could add this new feature and produce great stories without subtract from the games possibillities and strategy I have no doubt it will be a massacre. Thanks for read a long post, sorry fro the english, and I left with a question: Is it is possible to Kinetic to add options and reallity to the good games like Fable, God of War, Final Fantasy, Call of Duty and others, would Sony release The Move? Will Sony release something like a Kinetic? Sony is stupid? I would say YES is the correct answer to at least one of this questions. Wich one?

The PS3 still has hope cause not everyone would be used to "Not holding a controller But the kinetic is pretty cool too. :D

I bought a xbox 360 off ebay 4 months ago so I could play kinect when it comes out, its one step closer to fighting holograms. Maybe not but I think its really cool that you do not have to hold anything. Some people welcome the exercise and kids love running around, who will win? I will win! Well if I dont end up running into a wall.

I bought a xbox 360 off ebay 4 months ago so I could play kinect when it comes out, its one step closer to fighting holograms. Maybe not but I think its really cool that you do not have to hold anything. Some people welcome the exercise and kids love running around, who will win? I will win! Well if I dont end up running into a wall.

You can't seriously think you'll be doing anything but flailing your arms around, right?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-10-kinect/705139

You're paying hundreds of dollars for something you can go do outside for free.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/04/kinect-review/

kinetic ftw!

first off the move has been out in america since september the 19th and it has sold around 4.1million units, where as the move in it's first 25 days has sold 2.5 million, carrying on at that rate means it will far surpass the move.
i have both consoles and if i had to choose i would pick kinect because the move is a complete copy of the WII, there is no gap in the market for things like that it is just now a competitor.
where as the kinect is the only type of that technology in the market, unless you want to revert back to ps2 and the eye-toy.

first off the move has been out in america since september the 19th and it has sold around 4.1million units

They shipped 4.1 million units, not sold. It's a little trickery by Sony, and with the NPD not releasing numbers any longer you can expect this to happen with Microsoft & Nintendo more often too when they are not leading the sales.

In any case your point is still right Kinect seems to be leading, but it doesn't matter who wins since they aren't targeting most of us hardcore gamers but casuals.

Back