Xbox One voice commands limited to just five countries at launch

By David Tom
Aug 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. One of the more compelling features of the upcoming Xbox One is its ability to understand voice commands. For example, the console should understand basic terminology such as “Xbox On”, which would subsequently power up the device. Unfortunately, according to...

Read more
  2. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Booster Posts: 991   +82

Why Japanese? they aren't even launching there anytime soon.
  3. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,838   +394

Most likely, they went with I guess big gaming areas. Though I find this funny to be honest, that's a little more limited than I was expecting.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,205   +521

Why would you wanna talk to a machine? It's not as though it'll answer you. Mind you, I'd rather talk to machines than some people. :)
  5. Meh ... next.
  6. First the WiiU with no games and now this, why is never everything ready for launch? lol
    wastedkill likes this.
  7. Lurker101

Lurker101 TechSpot Addict Posts: 619   +118

When did console releases become such a cluster ****? What happened to the good old days of "Here is our new console and here's a selection of the fun new games you can play on it"? The Super Nintendo didn't jump up and down waving its' arms in the air screaming "I can talk to your friends and I have a VCR slot for when you're not playing games" because it didn't need to.
    ikesmasher likes this.
  8. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,086   +154

Yeah a bit crazy. They have to go into detailed explanations about how they are going to roll features out, license restrictions, you have to stand on one leg and touch your nose to sign into a console that has DRM discs??? Seems like a fight to see who can come up with the most complicated processes for a locked in device.
    BlueDrake likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.