Xbox One Wireless Adapter with windows 8/8.1

I bought an Xbox One Wireless Adapter for PC, and after many attempts with different drivers online none of them seem to work, and I cannot connect my xbox one controller to my PC. I also have not been able to find the x86-bit version of the xbox one wireless adapter/controller driver.

please help

I also have a usb cable that can plug my xbox one controller in to my PC. I have done so and it apparently installed the controller, but there was some other window that also came up that said runtime error/failure or something, but I saw the installation bar continue installing for the controller. But now, how do I pair it with my xbox one wireless adapter? it still says XBOX-ACC and there a caution sign next to it, meaning it is not working properly. All attempts to find drivers to update it have failed.

Per xbox website...
"Manufacturer Microsoft
Category Controllers
Platform Windows 10"

Apparently, no provision for Windows 8.

Check the manufacturer's customer forum. Other folks may have the same problem.

My personal opinion, Microsoft is pressing hard to get everyone on to the Windows 10 platform and will not be providing drivers for 'old' versions...but moving us all along to an OS as service. SO I have a copy of Ubuntu on one machine and Chromium on another.

Back