Xbox/PS3 Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabrielhobro

Hi

I was posting this thread in mind of what the limits are of PS3's and Xbox 360's
i.e. were do you think they will stop being able to play games, say do you think an xbox or ps3 could play crysis, or other advanced games

crysis no

they do run UT3 at a half assed rate the physics are not as good as the pc versions

1 of these days consoles will be put to rest

but untill then pc is still the better and cheaper variant in the long run

in other words u may dump more money in a pc but have more usage than lets say a console

the more money is just the base stat plus any upgrade along the way like a game comes out for both console it takes a higher video card and more ram

lets just say the video card costs $250 and the ram $80 and the game for $30-$50
250+80+50=$380

the console in a whole costs $500

plus the $60-$80 for the game

500+60=$560

essentially consoles are more of a money pit than a pc in the long run

even though people will argue this till the fukin cows come home XD

but you have to realize that with consoles you get GUARANTEED compatibility, and I believe in some cases easier connectivity especially with friends who own the same consoles. PCs are constantly getting upgraded, if you buy something right now 2 weeks from now you're gonna be kicking yourself for not waiting, but thats always going to be the case. With the 360 and /sigh PS3, you get everything you need to run any game put out there, along with a nice interface (not sure about PS3) to connect with friends and view your lifetime gaming stats, such as (all for 360) gamer points, reputation and all that nice stuff. While it is true that the consoles are limited, that is one of the aspects that many people enjoy about them, that once you have it you're set for the entire time that the console is popular and is still having games developed for it.

so true that infact i have a xbox360 and a wii and are awesome with 0 probs and without all that crap most people here find on comps.

i see wat your sayin though

dont get me wrong its true

but what people like to dodge is the fact that consoles use current existing tech that was made by a pc and is in a way a good chunk designed from one

also the games are designed from a pc at one point or another

compatibility is still a issue for 3rd party's and such for consoles

wat im also saying is that eventually consoles will snuff out cuz theyll get so high tech that theyll becomes very close to the pc's that we have now

or are working on them now but thats just me

oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back