TechSpot

Xbox reference appears on Steam support page‎

By Jos
Sep 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Take this with a grain of salt but reports are emerging that Microsoft could be relaxing its stance on online content for the Xbox 360 by supporting Valve's Steamworks API…

Read the whole story

2. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

That this is a goof from someone maintaining the support page is more unlikely than all of this being actually true...

3. okrings

okrings TS Rookie Posts: 20

Yeah, I agree.

Besides, why wouldn't Microsoft wanna keep up with the competition? I'd love to see Steam on the Xbox 360, and throw in Skype too.

4. Actually if you look at the game choices, it also shows "Left 4 Dead 360" and "Left 4 Dead 2 360" so I think this could be a little more than a goof!

5. Valve have released games on the xbox, so wouldn't it be fitting that they had support section for the Xbox?

I believe it is just wishful for the people who are drawing this conclusion.

6. Emexrulsier

Emexrulsier TS Enthusiast Posts: 232   +7

Rubbish article as mentioned Valve have brought out games for the xbox such as the Orange box, Portal2 to name a couple so would seem right that they also allow support for such titles.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.