Xbox360 or Playstation 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golferman443

Ive been trying to make a choice to either get xbox 360 or playstation 3. They both like like pretty good consoles. Does anyone on here have any suggestions on which is the better buy. Ive been leaning more towards xbox 360, or i was just gonna buy the one that game out at the cheapest price. So if anyone has a suggestion please post a reply

Two suggestions:

1. Don't buy anything at launch (costs, hardware reliability, software selection/quality, etc.)
2. Search feature near top of forums

i say PS3 cause thats gonna be my choice. but yea dont be any at release wait awhile for a price drop more games and an online community to grow

What Games?

Buy the console that has the games you want. I personally am going to get the 360 because of Halo. If your into PS2 games, get the ps3.

I know the price

I know the price on the X-Box 360. It will be $400 for the full version that can play old X-Box games, and has wireless controlers. It is $300 for the cheap version, which can't play old games, and has a wired controler. Get the $400, it is worth $160 more that the cheap one.

PS3 for sure!! The power of the machine for starters out does xbox by leaps and bounds. it will also be 100 percent backward compatible. xbox is not, there are only a handful of games it will allow, this is contradicting the "it will be totally backward compatible" announcement made at e3. i do agree that you should wait for the cost to come down. but in the long run, if you want to play games that will make you go WOW. then the ps3 is the one.

Sorry, I had to say this though

XBox 2 (I'm going to call it XBox 2, 360 is stupid... I'm sorry people) vs PS3, I'd go for PS3 (which launches in Spring of 2006). But of course, decision completely up to you. XBox 2 is definetly going to have loads of problems on launch, Microsoft is just trying to get in on the Holiday shopping. Gain a landslide on the competition with PS3. Of course, most people aren't going to want to buy a PS3 (price depending on the package you get) after getting XBox 2. Which no doubt, Microsoft knows! Here's some specs on XBox 2 and PS3 that I got off Gamespot.

PS3 - Link (http://hardware.gamespot.com/Sony-PlayStation-3-15015-S-4-4)
Embedded Video Memory - 0MB
Graphics Processor - RSX "Reality Synthesizer"
Graphics Core Clock Speed - 550MHz
System Memory - 256MB XDR
Vector Units - 1 VMX vector unit per core
System Memory Bandwith - 22.4GB/s, RSX 20GB/s (write)/15GB/s (read), SB 2.5GB/s (write)/ 2.5GB/s (read)
Shaders - 100 Billion Shader Operations
Video Memory - 256MB

XBox 360 - Link (http://hardware.gamespot.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-15016-S-4-5)
Embedded Video Memory - 10MB
Graphics Processor - Custom ATI Processor
Graphics Core Clock Speed - 500MHz
System Memory - 512MB UMA (Shared with GPU)
Vector Units - 1 VMX-128 unit per core (3 total)
CPU Math Performance - 9 Billion Dot Product Operations per Second
System Memory Bandwith - 22.4GB/s, 256GB/s to EDRAM
Memory Architecture - Unified Memory Architecture
Shaders - 48-way Parallel Floating Point Dynamically-Scheduled, 48 billion Operations/s
Video Memory - 512MB UMA (Shared with CPU)
Fill Rate (pixels) - 16 Gigasamples/s using 4X MSAA
Fill Rate (triangles) - 500 Million/s

The PS3 is also rumored to support Blu-Ray DVD playback - a new DVD format that has been accepted by most of the major motion picture companies. Xbox 360 can't do that. Blu-Ray is the way to go - so PS3 is the way to go for me.

well for me it is ps3 ( have had ps1 and 2) so gotta stick with it, besides i have so many games. ANother plus is the 360 only supports HD-DVD which has 15-30 (dual layer) gig capacity while the ps3 blu-rays have 25-50gig(dual layer) capacity which means that there is a possibility for much bigger games, full feature cutscenes and better graphics. so in my opinion it is ps3 all the way... only downside is the longer wait to get one.

15-30 gigs is plenty, but it doesn't matter since the 360 is actually using a standard dual layer DVD, not the HD-DVD that everyone is under the impression the 360 supports.

I repeat, the 360's optical media drive is no better than the one sitting in the computer in front of you.

Akio said:
XBox 2 is definetly going to have loads of problems on launch,

No not really. I have one sitting right in front of me, and while im not keeping it, (ebay) i did play it a bit to see what it was like. I found not problems/glitches/etc. Now i have not tested xbox live yet, so i can not vouch on that.

Im a PC gamer so i have no prefrence

But i own a xbox and was planning on buying (and keeping) a 360. But something really pissed me off about this release....The lack of games. What happend to this huge list of release games? Now it is limited to Call of duty 2 (which has all ready been out for PC), king, Need for speed, and some other lack luster tites. Im going to go transfer my Xbox reserve of Elder Scrolls 4 to a PC. :suspiciou

Sean

smtkr said:
15-30 gigs is plenty, but it doesn't matter since the 360 is actually using a standard dual layer DVD, not the HD-DVD that everyone is under the impression the 360 supports.

I repeat, the 360's optical media drive is no better than the one sitting in the computer in front of you.

ok dude come on have you not read the microsoft statements, read the computing magazines or even read the tech stats online???? it IS a hd-dvd fool

maxbb1 said:
ok dude come on have you not read the microsoft statements, read the computing magazines or even read the tech stats online???? it IS a hd-dvd fool

No...it is not. Maybe yor the one that should read the microsoft statements, or read the stats online. M$ was planning to put a hd-dvd drive in when they starting planning the xbox, but later on went on with a plain DVD drive. (helps shorten the release date.

Have a read here

hahaha that is actually funny that i am wrong... the 360 is pretty gay-o then... maybe the hd-dvd will be released with later versions.. either way i am getting a ps3 with its possible blu-rays so pffff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back