TechSpot

Xbox360 VGA cables?

By InsaneVr6
Oct 11, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This could be posted in alot of other threads but i figured the gamers who may browse here might help me out. I am considering buying the VGA cables for the 360 so i can play my 360 through my PC monitor instead of my old TV. I have an Acer 19in LCD widescreen monitor i would like to use as the screen for the 360. There is only one output for VGA on the back of the monitor which goes into my computer...and i need my computer to work without switching VGA cables. Do i need to buy an adapter so i have two VGA ports to my computer?

Another thing i am concerned about is found in the first review on this site: http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/Prod...D=40681&pageno=1&type=CustomerReview&CCTest=1

It says that the xbox does not support 1440x900 which is what my 19in is running at. Anyone ever used the VGA cables on a 19in widescreen and had problems? I would like to know before i buy something that won't work with my monitor? I will post more info if needed. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
  2. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

Well sorry I don't know about the first question, but the New Xbox Experience will bring support for 1440x900 resolution. In the meantime 1024x768 looks real good, even on my 17" CRT.
  3. InsaneVr6

InsaneVr6 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 260

Thanks wolfram. I would like to use my 19in widescreen so i can get the hi-def out of my xbox rather than using my 27in tube TV where games dont look too hot. I can wait until November for the New Xbox Experience thats fine with me. Thanks for the help, i just have to figure out if I can use the monitor for my PC and Xbox without swithching cables all the time.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.