XD Media Card Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter inadvertantly moved her DCIM file from her XD media card to her desktop. We cannot move the DCIM file back to the card.

She now cannot access the files on the card. When we connect her camera to the computer, we can see the card, we can tell there is 37.5MB on the card but when we attempt to view it nothing happens, it says the card is empty.

When you attempt to open the card through a stand alone card reader, it won't even acknowledge that there is a card inserted.

I inserted the card in a card reader slot on an HP printer. In the small LCD view screen you could see images and it said there was 77 files on the card but you cannot open the card through the printer.

Typically I'd tell her to just get another card but she is 15 and she attended her first concert this past weekend. They took her up on stage and the images & video is on the card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

When you attempt to open the card through a stand alone card reader, it won't even acknowledge that there is a card inserted

If you open My Computer, can you see it as a new drive?
If so can you Open it manually from there?

If the card is not recognized in the computer's Card Reader, you may need to re-install the Computer's Card Reader drivers

You will find your updated Computer's drivers on your Computer's manufacture support page, Like HP

[
No, I bought a stand alone card reader and when I insert the card it doesn't recognize it. I reinstalled the drivers and still no luck.

O.K., I tried a different card reader at the office this morning and same issues. My computer also has a slot to insert media cards into so I tried that. When I insert the card and click on the "drive" it hangs up every time. I have to go through task manager just to shut down the application.

I inserted the card into anpther HP printer and it shows 77 files on the card. I hit "print" to see what I'd get and it says "card error".

Obviously the data is still there or am i missing something?

I alwyas thought that by "dragging & dropping" off of an external storage device I was just copying the data. It appears that when she did this with the DCIM folder it took "applications" off teh XD card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back