XFX 8800GTX not being detetcted under Windows Vista 64bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi this problem has currently just arrised for my. Just recently something went wrong to my computer whilst my brother was using it (i was not home at the time) and he cant remember what the error said.

So i try using my computer, gets to the point where Vista loads up (the green loading bar) and once this is done it then commence to load up windows at this point the screen just goes blank? I try to restarting and get the same prob, i manage to get into Windows and back up my files through safe mode but it would not start windows normally. I thought i mayve had a virus but unfortuantly my virus scanner (some stupid reason) would not run under safe mode. So with no idea why this was happening i decided to wipe the hard drive and do a clean install.

No Windows starts up normally, but only installs standard VGA drivers and is not detecting my video card!

My specs are;

CPU: Intel E6850 @ 3Ghz
MOBO: Asus P5N32-E Plus
RAM: 2Gb Corsair PC6400C4DHX
VID: XFX 8800GTX
HDD: 2 Seagate 320Gb drives running in raid 0 (stripped)
PSU: Thermal Take 600W tough power

Now when i got my computer i installed windows myself (was also a clean install) and i got it working fine. NOw it aint seems to detect my video card. I cant remember what happened when i first installed windows on it as this was 10 months ago.

The issue seems to lie in the OS as pre start up checks are detecting that the graphics card is installed.

Ive tried installing the drivers for the card but when i do this upon restart i get the blank screen.

Any help on this would be much appreciated as i currently need to use my computer and is very frustrating at the moment with a 3K box sitting on my floor :mad:

Boot into SAFE MODE and select VGA, ... reboot. Make sure you are using the correct drivers for your model card. Don't use the drivers supplied on CD that came with the card

Yeah ive downloaded the latets drivers and just get a blank screen after installing them, Windows isnt picking up the 8800GTX this is my issue

Your symtom shows that either the video card is bad or the video driver is wrong for your setup. Who makes your video card? Sapphire? Asus?

Are you sure that you are picking up a 64-bit version of the video driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back