XFX AMD Radeon and Aspire x1301

Hi, I'm trying to install the XFX Radeon HD 5450 1GB graphics card into an Acer Aspire x1301-U1312. So far, I physically installed the card into the PCI express port (x16) but it doesn't seem like it's recognizing the monitor. When I remove the card and plug the HDMI cable back in the integrated GeForce 9200 graphics card, it works just fine.

What's the best solution to this problem!?

Any whom, thank you.

Did you install the drivers before you physically installed the card? That would be my first suggestion. Check to make sure you put it in the PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot and not the PCI Express 2.0 x1 slot. Also, try the DVI or even the VGA connections on the card to see if those work instead. You might have a bad HDMI port on the card itself.

Did you install the drivers before you physically installed the card? That would be my first suggestion. Check to make sure you put it in the PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot and not the PCI Express 2.0 x1 slot. Also, try the DVI or even the VGA connections on the card to see if those work instead. You might have a bad HDMI port on the card itself.

Not quite.

Damie Uninstall the nVidia graphics drivers through "Add/Remove Programs". Un-plug the nVidia graphics card. Plug-in the XFX 5450. Then install the latest drivers for your OS.

[/quote]Damie Uninstall the nVidia graphics drivers through "Add/Remove Programs". Un-plug the nVidia graphics card. Plug-in the XFX 5450. Then install the latest drivers for your OS.[/quote]

The nVidia card is not a stand alone card. It is integrated (built in) into the motherboard, so it simply cant be un-plugged.

Damie Uninstall the nVidia graphics drivers through "Add/Remove Programs". Un-plug the nVidia graphics card. Plug-in the XFX 5450. Then install the latest drivers for your OS.[/quote]

The nVidia card is not a stand alone card. It is integrated (built in) into the motherboard, so it simply cant be un-plugged.[/quote]

Oh it is a nForce board, I see. Sorry about that.

Back