XFX GeForce 8200 AMD socket 940 memory

I have tried to increase the amount of memory my computer has but am running into some issues. It says I can use 1066/800/667/533/400 for which there are 4 slots each of which have a led light next to them. They light up in either green for good or red for not so good. Anyway I have a total of 3 2gb memory cards (PC5400) but I always seem to get a red light on which ever one I put in the third slot.... I want to get the maximum usage out of my pc but would like to fix this problem. Any clues?

XFX GeForce 8200 AMD SOCKET 940
Galaxy GT430 1gb GPX Card
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5800+ 3.0 ghz.
4gb (At the moment) pc-5400 2gb x2

As XFX has a really annoying system for hiding whatever minimal amount of info they have for this board of yours, it is hard to give you too much help.

The general specs for the GF 8200 chipset allow for easily 6 GB of RAM. If I interpret your question correctly, you are having trouble with the 3rd slot only and not the others. If so, don't use the troublesome slot and use the 4th slot. If that doesn't work either, your board is probably starting to fail, but then again, your board is probably starting to fail. It may well be time to move away from an AM2+ board to an AM3 or AM3+. You may also have to change your CPU and/or RAM but then again you may well still be able to get a compatible board such as this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...esult=True&SrchInDesc=ddr2&Page=1&PageSize=20

Prices are not very high and will probably only be available for the next 6 months or so as all these boards have been phased out by their makers. This is the not-so-bad news. The good news is that you will be able to use all your other parts with them.

Im guessing. its probably telling you the third slot is not running in dual channel mode. You could try just leaving 1 stick of ram in slot 1 and see what color the led is to confirm this.

If you are reading the full amount of memory in windows i would not worry about it.

Hope this helps :)

After looking the manual I aseverated that it isn`t help!!!!!

If you want yo know if the Dual Channel is on, you can see it in post message, in some Bios too, and under Windows with Cpu-z

Can you try with 2 of your memories and another too memories of other brand from some friend?
If you see your memories al Pc-5400... The Basics memorias are PC-5300. I don`t think it could be problem but to be sure try 2 memos different please!

PD: Another think, the Dual Channel is made by 2 memorias equal!! NOT 4 Equals!! you can put 2 x 2Gb and 2 x 1Gb.

Sory if me english ism`t good, I`m from argentina and we spoke Español :p

Back