Xfx Geforce 8800GT temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

kisrum

Had some problems recently with computer and removed this for a few days and went back to original video card.

Reinstalled this card and everything running fine, but Nvidia Monitor says it's about 70 degrees C with just a movie going. Is that okay? out of normal?

I don't have any special cooling setup.

Thanks

That temperature is fine. Those cores run hot. One of my 8800 GTS's runs at around 74C at the desktop. As long as the fan spins up when you play a game, there's nothing to worry about.

Yep...one of my original XFX 8800 GTs was running 85C after around 4 minutes under load. I got a little concerned and contacted their tech support who claimed that temp was within it's "normal operating temperature". Sheesh...needless to say, about two weeks after that the card took a dump and I rma'ed. Funny thing though, the card they sent back to me as a replacement was a revision...with a bigger cooling solution. Still, even that would card heat up into the low 80Cs on load. I eventually replaced both stock coolers with MUCH quieter after market coolers and the temps since haven't been above 74C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back