XFX nForce 680i LT SLI Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob2345

Two questions, in the instructions, it does not show where the 1394 port plugs in. And I can't find anywhere to plug in the small computer speaker in the case. It is a 4 prong plug on a red and black wire. Anyone familiar with this board?

Thanks

The 1394(firewire port) is at the back ie next to the mouse/keyboard ports. and the internal speaker goes onto some pins on the motherboard it will be in the manual somewhere.

The 1394 connection is a 10 connector block with pin 10 closed. There is no 10 pin connector at the back by the mouse/keyboard ports that I can see. And I have gone through the manual cover to cover and there is no mention of the onboard speaker that I could find. There is a 10 pin audio connector for HD audio next to the PCI slots and there is a 5 pin connector next to that with no indication as to what it is. It is a row of three pins and a row of two pins. Should I use the three pins? It all looks like one connector. Thanks

The firewire socket you are trying to plug in is not nesessary, as you already have one on the back of the motherboard, I think there has been a mistake and your motherboard doesn't have any pins for another firewire socket, I cant find the pins on the diagram on the manual either.

Me neither. I couldn't find the internal speaker pins too even though the manual does mention them.

I suppose not but then you don't need a spare tire either until you get a flat. :) Beep codes can come in handy sometimes if you have unpredictable problems. But if there are no speaker header pins there will be no beep codes to worry about.

I found the 1394 connector. It is a red block back by the PCI boards. But still have had no luck with the internal speaker. Thanks for the input.

Just for research purposes I looked at a manual for a different but related XFX motherboard and I saw that red block between two PCI slots but it wasn't in the manual for your board so I didn't mention it. These manuals for XFX motherboards aren't very good I must say. In any case, I couldn't find any internal speaker pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back