XFX Radeon HD 7950/screen problems

OcularDismay

I recently bought a new graphics card, a monitor and a 600w power supply to support the graphics card. I also reformatted after installing everything, wanting my computer to be in the best shape possible. It works fine, managed to connect the DVI and get the screen working. However, after I downloaded the drivers for the graphics card and restarted, I was getting visual artifacts everywhere, and my screen was randomly going from blue to normal.
After uninstalling the drivers, everything was fine again. I tried the newest drivers, and the oldest. Still have the problem. The card doesn't show up in device manager or dxdiag, it only shows Standard VGA graphics adapter. I've tried plenty of things, but nothing works. Please help

So you have no video driver loaded other the default one and you're getting artifacts. :( It may be time to return that card.

So you have no video driver loaded other the default one and you're getting artifacts. :( It may be time to return that card.

I decided to let some tech guys look at it, so I suppose we'll have to see. I hope that's not the case though, since it was a reaaaal pain in the butt to install :(

Might be a temp problem. You can monitor the card temps using a temp monitor program. You can also try installing an overclock utility then heavily underclocking the card. If the artifacts go away, the card isn't cooling properly. Might need better airflow in your case.

Back