Xoxide Z-60 ClearStorm Case Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokem

Never thought that this mod would be so nice, but have a look:

http://www.virtual-hideout.net/reviews/xoxide_z60_clearstorm/index.shtml

The Z-60 ClearStorm came well-packed in a standard case-style packing box with foam surrounding the top and bottom, giving clearance between the walls and the case. This ensured that the window was not damaged, and it arrived with nary a scratch on it. Excellent!

* ATX Mid-tower
* 4 * 5.25" external drive bays
* 2 * 3.5" external drive bays
* 2 * 3.5" internal drive bays
* 1 * 80mm Dynatron lower front intake
* 2 * 80mm Sunon KD1208PTS2-6 side intake
* 1 * 80mm Dynatron rear exhaust
* 1 * 80mm Sunon KDE1208PTS1-6 chimney exhaust
* Total rated air intake: 110 CFM
* Total rated air exhaust: 69 CFM
* Front-Mounted USB ports/access
* Window Material: polycarbonate-type
* Thumbscrew-access on left-side (window) panel.
* No PSU included

Additional specifications may be found here at Xoxide's site.

I was somewhat disappointed that a PSU was not included, but then again, most people that would consider purchasing this case would already own a PSU. In addition, setting a lower price while not including a PSU is a better option that setting a slightly higher price while including a crappy, low-quality PSU.

After all, you can buy it and you don't have to get yer hands dirty :D

That is a nice case Lokum, I like the hide-away USB ports on the front of the caes. And I like that it comes pretty loaded with fans etc. !!

It's getting to the point where aircooling has it's limitations. I'm afraid future cpus, vid-cards & ram will require watercooling.
Nothing beats that trick Koolance PC2-601 case.
www.koolance.com

Originally posted by uncleel
It's getting to the point where aircooling has it's limitations. I'm afraid future cpus, vid-cards & ram will require watercooling.
www.koolance.com

That is one cool case to Uncleel, lets hope you aren't right about water cooling. I would hate to have to maintain systems with full time water cooling on CPU, and Video. But I can just imagine the Tech Support calls if factories (Dell, HP, ETC) made computers like that....that would be some funny stuff!

I've seen several reports of Intel working on a new HSF solution, They feel the current p4 stock heatsink will not be reliably effective above 2.6-2.8Ghz.( this pertains to standard, non-tweaker desktop, and corporate systems)
Certainly the next gen chips will require something new.
Phase change (heatpipe) and ducted exhaust seem like likely canidates for air cooling.
As you say for the corporte market, watercooling, adds a degree of complexity for tech support/maintance, raising cost of ownership.
pretty hard to slip that by the beancounters.

Another thing too, in some corprate worlds, ther server rooms are at a lower temp than the outside room temp. At my place of employment, the server rooms are always at 55 degrees or so. Can you imagine, with aircooling, companies requiring their server rooms to be close to freezing so the CPU can stay cool.

Originally posted by uncleel
www.koolance.com

Uncleel,

I just got the new issue of Maximum PC and they do a great review of this case. They give it a 9 K/A ( if you read the mag, you know what I am talking about) Great review, case is alittle steep for me though at $260ish US !!

What do you guys think about watercooling a chipset??? If I were to water cool my next CPU (hopefully the contest prize ;) ) I would go ahead and do the video card to, but wouldn't it make sense to cool the chipset too? I don't even know if this has been done, but it seems like a viable way to overclock even more. If any of you guys know where I can find an article or something about watercooling a chipset I would be more than grateful.

Hey Super,

Take a look at the post above that Uncleel posted. It's a killer water cooled case with all the bells and whistles, including both CPU and Video !!

That baby does look nice especially the large case that even comes with hard drive cooling! Very nice chipset cooler!!! :)

Anyone willing to give me around 300 dollars??? I promise I'll pay back with interest. ;)

Check out this new case to be coming out soon. Looks pretty sweet from the pics and the specs look nice also.

http://www.frozencase.com/frozen.asp?menu=home

We are proud to present you our Frozen Case. The coolest cube shaped PC case ever!

Since the final product is still being redesigned, these specifications only resemble the prototype. The final product will look almost exactly the same or better, but might have somewhat different specifications.

dimensions: 340 mm x 340 mm x 340 mm (13.4 inch x 13.4 inch x 13.4 inch)
cooling: 4 ultra quiet Papst fans (2 x 45 CFM intake, 2 x 33 CFM outtake + PSU fan)
lighting: 2 blue cold cathode lights - 4 blue leds for extra lighting
material: 3 mm aluminum plate, brushed
external bays: two 5 ¼” and one 3 ½” inch bay (probably more will be added in the final version)
internal bays: two 3 ½” inch bays (probably more will be added in the final version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back