TechSpot

XP: Anyone else having issues with the latest MS updates from Tuesday?

By Route44
Feb 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Long story short: Since doing the latest updates from Microsoft earlier today I have noticed my inability to either open minidump files or it takes what seems like forever to open.

At first I thought it was my Online Armor firewall because since updating it to the most recent version I noted that my load times and accessing websites are delayed more than usual. When I tied to read some minidump files tonight I noticed the above. Looking at my firewall I noticed both inbound and outbound spiking. So I temporarily shut it down, but that did not rectify the issue.

So I am thinking it just might be an update. I'll run a security scan just in case, but nothing indicates at all that I am infected.

Thanks.
  2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,889   +85

Is this by chance the update that was to ensure that future updates install correctly? and said that once it was installed it could not be uninstalled?
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB976902)
  3. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Topic Starter Posts: 12,117   +23

G, I don't think so because I always go to the Microsoft website and custom install as opposed to anything automatic. I don't recall that update but it doesn't mean I didn't install it.

Do you know the call letters by chance? Thanks.

UPDATE: Never mind, you did give the call letters. :D
  4. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Topic Starter Posts: 12,117   +23

G, or anybody, I didn't install that update. Thanks for pointing it out though; nice piece of information on your part. This has me baffled. My firewall is back to being the #1 suspect.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.