TechSpot

XP Blue screen - frequent restarts

By aravindpkumar
Feb 11, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi

I have a toshiba Tecra laptop and recently i have been witnesssing a lot of BLUE SCREEN errors and system just reboots. I tried to find a solution in other forms but not much help. Can you please help me out.

Some info:
    error -> DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical information:

STOP : 0x000000D1(0x320A5678,0x00000002,0x00000001,0xF7509952)
    simdrv.sys - Address F7509952 base at F7507000,DateStamp 3d8067cd
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,140   +29

0xD1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is an error that is usally caused by faulty drivers.

From what you have provided and after considerable research the driver simdrv.sys belongs to the SHUNRA\Cloud WAN Emulator Miniport by Shunra Software.

The Shunra/Cloud alters your IP traffic flow within its host. If you search for this software you can read up on it. Try updating the drivers from Toshiba.
  3. aravindpkumar

aravindpkumar TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks. will cross check the Toshiba website.
  4. Route44

5. aravindpkumar

aravindpkumar TS Rookie Topic Starter

hi. I had some issues getting the right driver. I preferred uninstalling the Shunra software and waitied to see for any issues as i wasnt aware of a particular reason for this software. Its been 2 days and no issues so looks like am good for now.

Thanks.
    PS: is there any risk involved without the software.
  6. Route44

Honestly I don't know working knowledge concerning emulaters but reading this ino from said company http://www.shunra.com/wan-emulation.php that unless you are in networking I would say not.

It sounds like this software came pre-installed on your laptop. Correct?
  7. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,407   +314

frequently we can UNINSTALL a driver and reboot to allow windows to Autodiscover an appropriate driver.

Do this one device at a time, eg
    video, audio, ethernet, USB​
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.