TechSpot

XP bluescreen while installing

By lda007
Jun 10, 2005
  1. Please help!!!!

Bluescreen errors have started. First the bluescreen reported system32.dll is missing. I reformated and reinstalled; however, while in the "installing windows" part of the setup procedure bluescreen errors stop the installation. The following is an example of the XP TROUBLE CODE:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0*0000000a (0*c0006580, 0*00000002, 0*00000000, 0*80501e85)

I have replaced the video card from nivda 64 to a 128. I have replaced the RAM. The trial and error way of repair is too costly to continue. Please someone help me.

2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

you must post the specs about your system before anyone can help you.

3. lda007

lda007 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Follow Up

Specs:
    850 Athalon
    20 gig HD
    Nivda 64 mb w\TV out
    640 ram (+ or -)
    10\100 ethernet
    Windows XP

My computer randomly crashes with blue screen stop messages or does not restart after loading the bios. Right before it tries to start windows, a dark gray screen appears and it seems to just stop. I have a really load fan and I don't notice it being effected (by the loss of power I mean).

I ran scandisk and a lot of bad sectors were found. I wonder if the hard drive is going bad. I ordered a hard drive for my personal computer and a will install the older harddrive in the problem cpu. i will postthe results Monday.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.