XP BSOD 0xd1, Blank Blue Screen on loading video games

Hello everyone! My computer is having some problems with games I could play before I reformatted my computer, but now I'm having difficulty.

Upon loading video games I will either:
(loading in the sense of loading information, not the initial loading of the games)

a) Blank Blue Screen

-the screen will just blink black, then to solid blue the same color as a BSOD but without information

b) Freezing and/or sound looping

-everything becomes unresponsive and if any sound is playing it stops and loops again and again

c) BSOD
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0xe1ca7000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xb2777d00). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011211-01.dmp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at _

BSOD mini dump attached.
View attachment Mini011211-01.zip

One of the games crashing my system sometimes is Heroes of Newerth, the mini dumps for that are attached as well.
megaupload /?d=3THTN3WN

However, these crashes/freezes/BSOD do not always occur in the same instances, as sometimes I am able to load the game and play. :confused: And, I am able to use my computer normally when not in a game.

I have ran memtest86+ to test 8, so I'm pretty positive my ram is fine. I have a really low end video card, and thats what I'm leaning the blame towards. That, a virus, or me installing bad drivers. I have updated, rolled back, and reinstalled my video card drivers again and again with no avail. One notable thing is that I changed my monitor when I reformatted to an I-INC iH252. It's plug and play, so no driver issue, but maybe it's too much for my video card?

Please help me! Be aware that the mini dumps from the game are from when it did not BSOD, they are from when it produced a blue screen or froze up.

P.S. It is a custom built computer, but it's worked flawlessly in the past for years.

DxDiag of my system attached.
View attachment DxDiag.txt

Your minidump was corrupted and thus unreadeable. Do the following...

1. Download Driver Sweeper free version to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

That seems to have done to trick, thanks! I'll post back if I experience any problems

Excellent! By the way, good diagnostic work on your part running memtest; just for a heads up in the future Memtest needs to run a minimum of 7 Passes and the more after 7 the better.

Please keep us updated.

Excellent! By the way, good diagnostic work on your part running memtest; just for a heads up in the future Memtest needs to run a minimum of 7 Passes and the more after 7 the better.

Please keep us updated.

Great to know, thanks a lot for your help. I'm experiencing slow surfing and viruses stuffing up my memory now. I've removed a couple of rootkits and I'm working on cleaning my poor computer up. What is a great antivirus? I don't care about paying. I need some options that will actually clean my pc.

First, I want to recommend that you go to our Virus and Malware Removal forum and read the UPDATED 8 Step Sticky. You may want to follow those steps and post the required logs to make sure you are completely clean.

Second, I as well as many others like to do the layered method of protection, i.e. different security vendors rather than one suit.

When it comes to my main rig I pay $ for my security. Here are some solid suggestion:

Antivirus - ESET NOD32, Avast, and Kaspersky. I run NOD32, my wife has Avast on her laptop, and my mom runs Kaspersky. These are Tier 1 products.

Malware/Spyware - Superantispyware (I love the options) and Malwarebytes. Both are excellent.

Back