XP BSoD Possibly New Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

szsleepy

I've been experiencing a plague of BSoDs in XP lately and the only reason I can figure is the recent slew of new hardware I've installed. Can someone please take a look at the minidump I've attached and give me some direction as to where I can go, or what I can do to remedy the situation please?

Also, this is the information provided by the Application Event Viewer regarding the crash (if it helps at all):

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 f328f302, parameter3 ba9537e0, parameter4 00000000.

Thanks,
GW

It would help us if you listed what new hardware you have and if you removed any old drivers before installing the new ones.

Basically a system overhaul. The only old hardware that remains are my HDDs.

ASUS Mobo (/w SLI nForce 500?)
AMD X2 4200+
1gb DDR2
nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS 512mb PCI-e

Has the problem always occured since the "overhaul" or was there a time it had no problems??

Actually, the system is perfectly stable except for when I run one specific software. It's a game, actually. It's called EVE Online.

In that case it may be a good idea to google for "known issuse" with that game and see if it has a problem with any of your hardware.

I did that, and upgraded my sound drivers appropriately. I thought I had cleared up all the problems/issues. The game or any known issues/troubleshooting/tech.support doesn't recognize any issues with any of my other hardware.

So, can you help? I provided a minidump and the information from the event viewer. Believe me, I wouldn't waste your time if I understood what those things meant.

Thanks again for any help anyone can give.

It's still crashing at the sound driver.

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, f328f302, ba9537e0, 0}
Probably caused by : c6501.sys ( c6501+c302 )
Image name: c6501.sys Timestamp: Thu Jan 25 16:18:03 2007 (45B859AB)
PROCESS_NAME: ExeFile.exe

Argh. Ok. I'm not sure what to do here. I've updated the drivers... I'll check the game's tech support forums again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back