XP deleting files from second SATA HDD on startup

Hi, Just installed new 500gig Seagate sata hdd on computer, everything good. connected old 250 gig Seagate, now on startup, xp goes to chkdsk on F: and starts deleting the the files I want to keep. How can I set up the 2nd hdd as storage only?

Thanks in advance.

here is what i think it might be but u might wanna post a screen shot of the process using ur camera or cellphone camera to be sure what we're dealing with,
it might be re arranging files. HDD sorts file differently than u might think "i put my games in a folder then they're together physically" not true ur games folder could be scattered around the HDD's media and linked so u see them in the same place during a sudden shutdown "power out shutdown or restart using ur power\reset buttons" some files might be orphaned "lost its link to the others" so u dont see it in its place in that case chkdsk seeks those orphan files and reconnects them to their proper places so u when u open ur games folder u see all ur games there or some files wasnt saved properly so they get lost if ur pc suddenly shuts down and they remain as pieces they case some issues so chkdsk has to get rid of them.

Back