Xp install - asc.sys corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey everyone!!
my first post on the site, i hope you can help me. I decided to buy a laptop in japan a toshiba dyanabook. came with xp and office 2003...in japanese. thought it would be easy to install english xp on top of it but when it starts to check for hardware it says file asc.sys is corrupted and stops the installation. is it a problem with the drivers? I have copied all the drivers that were on the hard disk but do not know how it run them with the xp cd...i have no floppy disk drive.
thanks
rob

hey realblackstuff,

hows it goin? im from enniskillen actually, its a small world!! Im guessing the error is coming from the CD as the laptop is new. the message occurs when it says
setup is loading files. it lists out about 20 drivers then gives the error message. is there some way i can load the driver individually or will i have to get a new cd?

rob

If the HD is formatted already, you could try and copy the whole CD onto the HD in a separate directory, then install from there. (better would be from a second partition).
Or borrow someone else's CD. CDs are interchangeable, CD-keys are not.
Also, try to clean the CD with a soft lint-free cloth. A fingerprint is enough to screw up the loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back