XP integrated w/ SP3 CD won't repair

By SuperSmith
Nov 22, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone. I'm in a serious pickle. I have Windows XP with SP3 that I installed off an XP cd with SP3 integrated into it. I used nLite for integration, btw. Now, here is my issue:

XP will not boot up anymore. When I attempted to do a system repair, all I got was the option of reformatting the partition or reinstalling Windows XP. I have the option of installing XP to run alongside it, however that would not solve the issue of me having a bum installation of XP.

It's like it wasn't even acknowledging that there was an installation of Windows XP, or else I'm sure it would've given me a repair option.

My hypothetical diagnosis: Since SP3 & SP2 don't appear to be cumulative, I guess the reason it isn't working is because SP3 does not have System Repair capabilities embedded in it.

I say this because I used nLite to make an XP CD integrated with SP2 and everything works just fine. I use the RyanVM update packs for XP for the updates and hotfixes.

Anyone who has experience with integrating/slipstreaming with Windows XP plz help!
  2. CCT

CCT Newcomer, in training Posts: 3,556

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.