XP loads, but to a black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddha50

ok it is me again i am having some serious trouble with this toshiba foreign piece of !@#&. so when i start this machine i see the toshiba screen then as expected i see the win xp splash screen. and it loads to the gui i get all the sounds and the normal indications that it is loaded up but a black screen and you can tell that the screen is working. now i did uninstall the video controller to see if it would show up on the next reboot like the forums told me to. now i got no display. but i am in windows. also i can not get into safe mode to change it back either. can anyone help me??????

It sounds like your graphics adapter got disable some how. have you been in the device manager lately? Try repairing windows. Also it could be that your bios is configured improperly. if you have more that one device installed, check to see if the one your are trying to use is set as default.

To get this clear, you see the Bios screen and the Windows splash screen but after loading Windows you get a black screen?

yeah i see the normal indications that system is loading i even hear the startup tone. the one when you actually load into windows. i just dont have the display showing.

the backlight is on. when you look at hte black screen you can tell that is is working. i know it is a video controller issue but i just cant figure out how to fix it

i cant boot in safe mode anymore but i did to uninstall the device now i cant get back in to safe mode. tried enable vga nothing the same thing. It all loads just no display

if none of that works, try the old video card u have, but the repair XP sounds the best to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back