TechSpot

XP - Lost Control Panel + No Admin Rights - Please Help

By k4ghg
May 24, 2008
  1. Hi - I have a home XP system and when I did a spyware scan a few months ago I lost my control panel and Administrator rights. I ran "Control userpasswords2," from the command line and it shows that I have administrator rights. But, when ever I try to remove or install a program the system says "access denied make sure the disk is full," or You do not have privileges contact your system administrator. I started in safe mode, created a new account, with full administrator privileges, but, that too did not work. By the way the control panel was not available in safe move. I even checked the registry for "noncontrolpanel," and could not find that entry. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks... Ronnie

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

This may work

Download RatsCheddar.zip http://www.castlecops.com/zx/sjpritch25/RatsCheddar.zip

It contains a program written by Rathat, and it is a Policy Controller.
    Save and extract this program to the desktop.
    Once extracted, click on the RatsCheddar.exe file.
    Enable everything, then click Exit
    Reboot your Computer.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.