XP machine keeps freezing, no BSODs, so no minidump

It is impossible to answer your inquiry because you ask us question on how to fix your issue but you give us no information. Like...

1. What are you doing when this occurs?

2. How old is your system?

3. What are the hardware specs? OS? Security software?

4. How long has this been going on?

5. What has changed in your system?

1. What are you doing when this occurs?

There is no pattern, i have tried to find a pattern, but none. usually IE is open.

2. How old is your system?

the system is about 5 years old.

3. What are the hardware specs? OS? Security software?

2 gigs ram, running xp. this computer is not used for muche besides word, excel, and some research.

4. How long has this been going on?

a few weeks. i went all the way through the process of virus removal with it (finding none), i have the cache set large enough for a full dmp, but seeing it freezes, i get no dmp.

5. What has changed in your system?

the only thing that has changed is the constant updating of Windows, and flash players.

seem to have several weeks with no problems, then there are some automatic updates, then troubles. then i usually use the "remove flash" tool, and reinstall the latest flash. this has helped in the past, but doesn't seem to be helping now.

i believe problem is somehow related to the fact that adobe is tying to fix some of it's security risk problems, then windows updates, then back and forth.

anyone know how to find the origin of the freezes without a dmp?

it took me a while to respond becuase i am so frustrated by that machine, i've been using another , but i need that machine back.

Back