XP needs to logon problem

By maniacgeorge
Apr 28, 2008
  1. hi,
    I am running XP home edition. I have one account for my computer with no password but xp always loads the login screen and I have to click the login button for my settings to load. Obviously this is annoying because I can't just leave my machine to start up fully. I've looked in control panel,user accounts and there are two accounts my "owner" account and one called " Machine A". This doesn't appear on the logon screen and I don't remember creating it. It calls itself a "limited" account.

Why dosen't this second account show up? Can I just delete it and my computer will auto login? Or is there another way?
  2. jimjams

jimjams TS Rookie Posts: 39

Delete it from user accounts

or to require no password at log-in to auto log-in

then go to start > run > control userpasswords2

untick users must enter a username and password to use this computer
  3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

No, you didn't create that ASP Net account- Microsoft did and put it on your computer! I removed it as soon as I found it on mine!
  4. zipperman

zipperman TS Rookie Posts: 1,179   +7

Mine does this too,even has my avater.
    Read the message of where to change this.I get 1 anyway.
    I think it's go to Control Panel/Users accounts.
  5. maniacgeorge

maniacgeorge TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 19

thanks guys-you rock!
  6. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

When you install .NET Framework from Windows Update that ASP Net account gets installed. At least that's one way it get on there. I just delete the account too, then I don't get that login screen.
  7. zipperman

zipperman TS Rookie Posts: 1,179   +7

Thats right

Thanks,now i know how and why i get it.
    Heres where you control it.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.