XP not loading, Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I just bought a new video card, Diamond Radeon HD 2600XT PCIE 512MB GDDR3. I physically replaced my old card and then put in this one. All goes well and then I turn on the power and nothing loads. Immediately after I turn on the power, the three lights flash quickly on my keyboard once and then nothing happens.

My monitor doesn't receive a signal, and nothing happens. I see the lights on the actual PC lighting up and it seems to be loading, but it just stays on the blank black screen.

Since then, I figured that perhaps I need to update the drivers on my motherboard, since it is a DX10 card and it must be failing to recognize it all. So I commence to reinstalling my old video card, thinking things will load as normal and I could get started with my updates. How wrong I was...install of the old card went fine, turned PC back on and nothing I get the same thing. Just the black screen, keyboard lights up instantly and fades, but it just sits there.

I left the backing off of the PC to check the fans, since a friend told me that my motherboard may have crashed, and I would know if I heard beeping or if my fans weren't working, all fans were working, the power supply one, the one attached to the mobo and the one on the video card.

I can't enter BIOS (honestly wouldn't know what to do if I could) and I can't get it to work at all period. I've tried to check everything I know how to do, but still getting nothing. My only thing now is i've left it off for over an hour, going to turn it on now to see what happens..........same thing, nothing at all. I've also moved the monitor over to the slot on my motherboard and the one on my video card, nothing from either of those. I can hear the PC on, but other than the fans blowing, it does nothing.

Is my PC shot or is there a way for me to fix this? Any help would be appreciated, so close to retiring this machine. I'm a gamer and this is killing me! Should I just get a new PC? Going to keep it on overnight and hope in the morning all is well.

Windows XP Home Edition
Compaq Presario SR1620NX
AMD Sempron

I've fixed this by going to the HP site. All I did was reset the power, by holding down the power key for 5 secs. Come to find out power was not being distributed correctly throughout the PC, so a quick reset helped out. The new video card is in place and now i'm installing the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back