XP Pro boots into Admin account instead or user account

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdarwin

When I boot up XP it loads the Admin acct instead of the user acct (which is also an Admin acct). I have to logoff the Admin Acct and login my user acct. How do I change the default back to boot into my acct.?

This happened after I downloaded and installed ASP.NET 1.1. My laptop is an ACER. I wanted to try their eperformance app. It requires ASP.NET 1.1. I decided to uninstall eperformance but left ASP.NET. Now everytime the laptop boots it loads the Admin acct instead mine. To get to mine I have to logoff the admin and login to mine.

How do get it to start with my acct.? Thanks

I found the answer on the Tech Republic web site. Here it is.

Go to start run & type in "control userpasswords2". Put a check in the box that says users must enter a username & password to use this computer. Click reset password to set the administrator password. Click apply & okay. Go to users accounts in control panel, click on change the way users log on \ off. Put a check in the welcome screen box and then apply options. Log off & you should see what you want.

Yes that should work, if you still get the same problem just come back and told I will try to find another solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back