XP Pro Installation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! After browsing through the threads for about 30 minutes i didn't see a situation close to mine.
I am running an XP Pro but I need to wipe the drive and do a clean reinstall of XP. I put my XP CD and boot from the CD-ROM. The blue screen comes on and after loading some files it halts and nothing happens. On the top of the blue screen there is "Windows Setup" and on the bottom it says "Setup is starting Windows". That's all that happens and if i don't reboot the system it will stay like that forever!
I also tried installing Linux, but again it will start loading and will come to a halt where nothing happens. I never get to the options for installation..

Any help will be well appreciated!
Thanks a lot!

I agree with Voices. If you have multiple sticks of RAM try removing all but 1 and then starting your install. I've had similar issues with bad RAM, but usually I would get errors rather than a hang. But I imagine it could hang just as easily. Also try removing any other devices that arent' absolutely essential to run the system. Its definately a hardware issue, by removing all but the essentials you may be able get it to work. Then add the hardware back 1 piece at a time after you get the system running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back