Xp pro reinstallation problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the start!!!

I was asked to wipe my elderly aunts computer, when she gave it to me it had her sons name as the administrator so I changed it to her name, the accound didnt have a password on it so i didnt put one on it after. I decided not to wipe the computer as it didnt need it so I just got rid of her sons unwanted files and re started the computer. Then the problems started, it asked me for an administrator password - I did not set one! I got in touch with Microsoft and was told i would have to wipe the computer. as I did not have the disk for it they sent me out a replacement. I got the disk and tried to boot from it and another problem the cd would not boot, it appears there is something rong with both CD drives in the computer. As I cannot log on as the administrator I cant uninstall the drivers or try to fix the problem. I am stuck!! Can anyone PLEASE help! Its a Gateway GP6-333 computer with Windows xp Professional on it.

try this:
at the logon screen, hit ctrl+alt+del TWICE. This should then bring up a secure login prompt, with 'Administrator' as the user. Clear the password field and see if that works.
Its a long shot, but it may work.
if not, there is always @ActivePasswordChanger......which certianly DOES work ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back