XP Reboot Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordlighthope

Hello,

I just recently reloaded my entire OS of XP Pro due to a nasty virus and now there seems to be a problem with the OS inexplicably rebooting. I'm not getting any BSOD during this but on restart it's giving me the "Recovered from a serious error pop up". The code is as follows:

BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 8054BD7C
BCP3: AC3B6840

Finally, during some initial startups, the dos is taking me to the option screen that allows to start via Safe Mode, etc.

I'm running XP Pro, SP3. I have an ASUS AT7 motherboard, Duron chip, Radeon 9000series video card. I've already run the RAM tester and it passed all diagnostics. Windows updater mentioned a couple of video card updates but the last time I tried installing those (in 2007), the video card stopped working. Any other ideas?

R,
Glenn

I think it's one of your Drivers
You probably did a custom Windows update and installed a sound driver or something

Try going to Safe Mode (press F8 before Windows starts) and either do:
Last known good configuration
Or actual Safe Mode

Once in Safe Mode, go to Device Manager and uninstall your audio drivers (I'm thinking audio ;))

Audio?

I did what you recommended and I'm now getting BC Code 24. I did a chkdsk and it came up empty. I'm going to run the other drivers and see if it unscrews this. In the meantime, this is the latest error strand:

BC CODE: 24
BCP1: 001902FE
BCP2: AC5C125C
BCP3: AC5C0F58
BCP4: F7B760F8
OS_Ver: 5_1_2600
SP: 3_0
Product: 256_1

Note: This thread has been moved to the BSOD Help & Support forum

You are probably best attaching any Minidump so we can check it ;)

Read: All about Minidumps and diagnosing them

Please check: Start-> Run-> C:\Windows\Minidump
For any Minidumps to Attach

Reboot

You're right, Kim. I do have an AT7 motherboard. I pulled the file you suggested. I've got two network adaptor listings. One is a 1394 net adaptor, the other says Realtek RTL8139/810x Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC. Uninstall one or both?

I'd do both
Basically when I go out onsite and the user has a network issue (on one computer of course, not a huge network) I uninstall everything to do with Network and install it all back nice and clean :grinthumb

Newer Issue

Kim,

Looks like the network card reload worked. I'm getting another code that's blue screening only during initial startup (when the cpu's been off all night). Here's the code. I'm also attaching the minidump file.

BC Code: 10000050
bcp1: E7B6CE0
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 8054BBAD
BCP4: 00000002

It appears to be the ntoskrnl.exe file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back