XP reinstall - need to install SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulski

Hi,

I've recently had to format my HD, and re-install XP Pro. Unfortunately this was a pre-SP2 OEM copy and I am now having major issues finding SP2 to make sure all patches are in place. The microsoft download centre keeps ending at a dead page :confused:

Does anybody know where I can find a legit site for downloading all updates I'll need to make sure my o/s is up to date?

Thanks

You can download it from www.microsoft.com or buy a free disk from Microsoft for the cost of shipping which is around $10.
You can copy SP2 to an ISO disk and boot from the disk, or you can just download it from Microsoft for an automatic install... but plan on having plenty of time.... It can take 45 minutes to an hour on high speed... then there are all the other updates... or you can download SP3 next... and then IE 7.

Thanks - for some reason, this link works on my tower but not my laptop - I keep getting a 404 error, but I also seem to keep getting re-directed from websites and having pop-ups etc on the laptop (the one with the basic old XP now installed).

Raybay - I have downloaded the SP2 to my tower machine and am looking to create an ISO as suggested, however, I cannot find this option in Nero 8. Any idea on the best way to create an ISO, and whether there is any free apps that I can use to do this?

Thanks again

It is there in Nero 8. ISO is under Image files in Data (nrg, iso, cue, and img) Just spend some time exploring image files in Nero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back