XP SP2 stuck in reboot loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
This is my first post here and i was hoping someone could help me.
My computer has been infected with a virus or spyware or adware, not sure which.
Basically, some desktop shortcuts have disappeared, the words "VIRUS ALERT" has appeared in the task bar at the bottom beside the clock and there are numerous pop-ups appearing saying computer infected download this program or that program to fix it.

I found this forum today and i was following the guide on how to remove spyware.malware. I downloaded SuperAntispyware Free edition and run a scan on my computer. The first few times i ran the scan it would detect a number of adware, trojans and cookies and then internet explorer would open up by itself and my computer would freeze. I then had to restart my computer. So I then ran SAS again and after 30 minutes and before the scan finished i clicked next on SAS and removed what it had found so far and I was going to run it again once finished. SAS then asked me to reboot, which i did but it then the computer went into a reboot loop and the only way it will restart now is in safe mode. So i have now started in safe mode but the words "VIRUS ALERT" is still in the taskbar beside the clock, so i am now running another SAS scan.

Could anyone please help me and tell me how sort this out.

Thanks

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic111363.html follow these steps that are on the topic and the virus's should be gone but report what it found ok and my topic should well mostly kill all the virus's and everything on your HDD so after you have done what it said on the topic I just posted you should have a virus free HDD so you can continue what you were doing before the virus came.

Not sure what kind of reboot loop you're in (e.g. chkdsk reboot loops also occur with or without viruses) but aside from following the guide instructions
  • You can at least try a normal start by using msconfig in safe mode (see here) to try and prevent problem startup
  • or trying Autoruns which gives a much more detailed view of startups (check a box to prevent it from starting)
  • Wait for one of the removal experts to catch up to your post/problem. they're often backlogged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back