XP SP3 crash BCCode: 100000ea Product: 256_1

mnotaku

The computer in question recently had Windows XP SP3 installed and as well as an NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS GPU with what I believe are the newest drivers. I then installed Warcraft 3 and attempted to play the game. The opening videos played fine but upon reaching the main menu, which contains 3d graphics, the game froze. The computer then restarted and I was greeted by this error code:

BCCode : 100000ea, BCP1 : 8a08bda8, BCP2 : 8993f7a8,
BCP3 : f78b6cbc, BCP4 : 00000001, Product : 256_1

Please let me know what is going on.

Attachments

• Mini072310-01.zip
    30.2 KB · Views: 6
0x000000EA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

Try reinstalling the video card drivers by doing the following:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

I uninstalled the driver marked "Nvidia Display" and installed the newest driver from Nvidia's website. This didn't fix the problem.

Just this one. The ones that I didn't touch were:

ATI Display
Microsoft Mouse
Creative Sound
Nvidia Chipset
Nvidia PHYSX
Realtek Sound

Duh!. Sorry, I missread. The only drivers you want to completely uninstall is for your Nvidia video card. That's it.

Tell us more about your ATI dispaly.

I just went to look at what files were under that ATI driver listing in Driver Sweeper and there's nothing there. Then I used Belarc Advisor and it didn't find any mention of anything for ATI but it did come up with: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adapter]. Most of these were in SP3.CAB. However when I did a windows search I did find some ATI *.sys &.dll files in \windows\driver cache\i386\. By the way the mother board is an Intel D865GLC, if that makes any difference.

Driver Sweeper will have an option for ATI and an option for Nvidia. Is your graphics onboard or do you have a dedicated card?

By the way, the specific Nvidia driver cited in your file as the cause is the nv4_mini.sys Keep in mind, when you are updated video card drivers you update them all, not just one or two.

The Nvidia 8400 GS is a dedicated card. The Intel 82865G is onboard. Should I update the Intel one even though the monitor is not hooked up to it?

Is your Intel onboard disabled in the BIOS? It should be so the answer is "no" concerning your question.

Okay, that is for your video card. What we need to know is if the onboard video is disabled in the BIOS.

The Intel 82865G is set to "disabled" in the Device Manager and the Nvidia is enabled. If this is not it, please let me know how to go about it.

Good, then try the steps I gave you and only uninstall your Nvidia video card drivers -- nothing else.

Okay, so I:
-uninstalled the Nvidia video card driver
-restarted the computer in Safe Mode and ran Driver Sweeper
-selected "Nvidia Display" driver and followed the steps
-restarted in normal mode and installed newest driver for Nvidia 8400 GS

I still have the same problem.

Try the driver that just preceeds the one you installed. That may work.

Also, other than Warcraft 3 are you getting these issues otherwise?

Following the same steps as before, I tried the previous driver version as well as the version before that one. No luck. Then I tried playing Starcraft. The game will play, but there are flicking lines everywhere. I would like to correct a previous statement: The opening videos for Warcraft 3 will play, but the quality is poor.

First, sorry for the delay but I was without power most of Sunday.

Hmmm, how old is your video card? Those flickering lines sounds like the possibility of artifacting which means either the card is overheating thus check your fan or it is dying.

Try this, physically remove your video card (PC powered down) and reinstall.

I bought it new from Newegg about a week ago and it was shrink wrapped when it arrived. I looked online and found that the 8400 GS model first came out in 2007.

The video card's fan is running and the card's temperature stays below 60C.

I've already taken it out (with the pc unplugged) blew out the slot, made sure the contacts were clean, and made sure that it was put back in properly. Still no change.

I ran VMT and I ended up with thousands of this type of error:

Error at [1FAEBA6C]: must be 00FF, but found 0000 (bits: 0000000011111111)

Then there is a strong chance the video card is defective but let me ask a few of my colleagues.

Back