Xp system restore doesn't work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyhkuj

hi there. i've been out 4 a while cause i formatted my drive and installed clean copy of win xp. recently, after i done a system restore to roll back on some problems wid my antivirus software, it worked for first time but then i decided that it was the wrong date and chose another restore point. the computer failed to restore and i tried lots of different other restore points...but no luck! PLZ HELP!

First find out whether the restore points have really gone.

Look in the (hidden) folder C:\\System Volume Information See HERE

Each restore point is in a folder named RP *** If there is only one RP folder,

that means all the others have been deleted..

To prevent it happening again,see HERE

well there was a program (norton) i wanted 2 uninstall!! and it wouldn't go away with the uninstaller. so i decided to do a system restore to get rid of the program. But that didn't work so i just shredded the files with a secure shredder! Sorry i couldn't tell u how to fix sys restore because i don't really know how to!

There is also a program called Norton Removal Tool to get rid of Norton. I think you can download it from out Downloads section (link at the top of every page)

System restore won't uninstall a program, either, it restores your pc to the state it was in at the specified date but it does not delete files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back