XP, Vista, 7 bootable flash drive

By trithumb
Feb 28, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I want to make my 8 gb flash drive into a bootable flash drive to boot off of to install xp vista and 7... i have an xp home and pro i have a vista any time upgrade disk and i found a all in 1 windows 7 install.... Ive looked around and tried several of the ways ive seen online and every one of them seems to fail... multibootiso gives me an error saying the drive wont be mountable.. ive used magic iso and used the multi boot image creator option but then that doesnt seem to work with the things ive seen.... any suggestions?
  2. greypigeon

greypigeon Newcomer, in training Posts: 42

3. dellinqwartz

dellinqwartz Newcomer, in training

Use this option to install Ubuntu as a Live Install, which allows you to boot from the USB flash drive in Ubuntu, experience the Linux ambiance but will not absorb any changes or settings afterwards you shut down. This is a great way to get a feel for the OS, test some of its capabilities as well as typical hardware compatibility.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.