XP won't boot from CD. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having loads of problems with my PC and had a load of old stuff on there I didn’t need so though I’d reformat and start from fresh. So I uninstalled everything I didn’t use and then tried to reformat using the XP disk. I changed my BIOS to start from CD ROM but it gets to the screen 'press any key to boot from CD' and it starts from the hard drive.

Please help as don’t have a clue what to do next. I think that I might have uninstalled something I should have!! I’ve got all my original CDs from when the computer was put together!

...Err. Did you happen to follow the directions and "press any key to boot from CD"? When you see that message literally just tap any key on your keyboard and it should boot off the XP disc.

yep. pressed a key and the computer ignored me and started from hard drive. I've tried it a few times and tried to re set the bios but its not working!

Skim through the BIOS and see if you're able to enable legacy support. If that's too troublesome, try using a PS/2 keyboard (assuming you're using a USB keyboard now, anyway).

Thank you. Used a PS/2 keyboard and it worked I'm reformatting right now. I'd never would had thought of that.Thank you so much.

You're welcome. Just so you know in the future, you don't have to uninstall/delete anything prior to reformatting. Just make sure you back up any data you want (songs, pictures etc.) and let'er rip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back